File a Complaint
File a Consumer Complaint
If you already have an outstanding complaint filed with the Kansas Insurance Department regarding your current issue, please do not complete a new complaint form. Instead, contact the Consumer Division: 800-432-2484 (in Kansas only); or 785-296-7829 (out-of-state callers).
The Insurance Commissioner’s Consumer Assistance Division is here to assist Kansas insurance consumers. To file a consumer complaint against an insurance company/agent/agency, simply follow this three-step process:
- Click the link below and you will be taken to the Kansas online complaint form. Please have the following information available before starting:
- Your name, address, telephone number, and email (Note: if your email address has special characters, such as underscores, please provide it in the “Details of Complaint” section and not in the specified email field)
- Name of the insurance company/agent/agency involved in the complaint
- Policy or claim number (if applicable)
- Type of insurance involved (auto, home, life, etc.)
- A description of the complaint
If you need to send additional information pertaining to your complaint, please send by fax (785) 296-5806 or email email@example.com and reference your file number.