File a Complaint
File a Consumer Complaint
If you already have an outstanding complaint filed with the Kansas Insurance Department regarding your current issue, please do not complete a new complaint form. Instead, contact the Consumer Division: 800-432-2484 (in Kansas only); or 785-296-7829 (out-of-state callers).
The Insurance Commissioner’s Consumer Assistance Division is here to assist Kansas insurance consumers. To file a consumer complaint against an insurance company/agent/agency, simply follow this three-step process:
- Click the link below and you will be taken to the Kansas online complaint form. Please have the following information available before starting:
- Your name, address, telephone number, and email (Note: if your email address has special characters, such as underscores, please provide it in the “Details of Complaint” section and not in the specified email field)
- Name of the insurance company/agent/agency involved in the complaint
- Policy or claim number (if applicable)
- Type of insurance involved (auto, home, life, etc.)
- A description of the complaint
- After filling out the form and clicking the Review Complaint button, you will be presented with a screen confirming the information you provided (Note: your complaint has not yet been submitted at this point). Please review this information carefully, check the box indicating that you agree with the acknowledgment statement, and then click the Submit Complaint button.
- You will then be presented with a final page that will provide you with your complaint case number as well as an ability to download a PDF of your complaint information. You will also have the ability at this point to upload any supporting documents that deal with the complaint. You will then be contacted by a Kansas Insurance Department consumer representative if necessary.
If you need to send additional information pertaining to your complaint, please send by fax (785) 296-5806 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and reference your file number.