Physicians Standard Insurance Company (PSIC)
- Proof of Claim Form
- Final Order and Judgment of Liquidation
- Notice of Cancellation to Policyholders dated November 1, 2019
- Physicians Standard Insurance Company Order of Rehabilitation
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Update to FAQs dated February 21, 2020
- Update to FAQs dated November 1, 2019
- Update to FAQs dated August 29, 2019
- Open Letter to Policyholders
Service of Process
The Commissioner of Insurance is appointed as the agent to receive service on behalf of all licensed domestic and foreign insurance companies admitted in Kansas for any action filed in any Kansas court. The Kansas Insurance Commissioner will forward to admitted companies Summons and Petitions, Orders of Garnishment, Subpoenas, and Complaints pursuant to K.S.A. 40-218.
Papers may also be served on listed Excess & Surplus Lines companies or unauthorized insurers if the addresses are provided and the service is specifically requested pursuant to K.S.A. 40-2002, et seq., with the request prominently displayed on the Summons. You may search for companies admitted and listed by going to the KID Company Search page.
For further information, see the Service of Process Frequently Asked Questions.
Service of process requests may be sent to:
Commissioner of Insurance
Attn: Legal Division
Kansas Insurance Department
1300 SW Arrowhead
Topeka, KS 66604
The fee is $25 per set of papers/defendant served. Make check payable to Kansas Insurance Department.
Service of process may be rejected if:
- 40 days are not provided for service on the Summons (except Federal)
- the $25 service fee is not included with the papers
- the name of the defendant insurance company is not properly named on the Summons (i.e. State Farm, Allstate, Farmers, etc., are not full proper names of insurance companies); to determine the proper name of an insurance company, go to the KID Company Search page
- the defendant insurance company named on the Summons is not licensed in Kansas
Find statutes by number or keyword on the Kansas Office of Revisor of Statutes page.
Regulations dealing with insurance in Kansas and public hearings on changes.
Orders issued by the Insurance Commissioner linked here.
Bulletins issued by the Insurance Commissioner linked here.