MutualAid eXchange (MAX)
Effective August 22, 2023, the District Court of Shawnee County, Kansas placed MutualAid eXchange into Liquidation pursuant to a petition filed by the Commissioner of Insurance.
Physicians Standard Insurance Company (PSIC)
- Petition of Kansas Insurance Commissioner of Insurance for Rehabilitation of Physicians Standard Ins Co (5/13/2019)
- Order of Rehabilitation of Physicians Standard Ins Co (8/20/2019)
- Open Letter to Policyholders – Rehabilitation of Physicians Standard Ins Co (8/23/2019)
- Notice of Cancellation to Policyholders (11/1/2019)
- Petition for Final Order & Judgment of Liquidation of Physicians Standard Ins Co (11/8/2019)
- Notice of Cancellation to Policyholders – Extended Reporting Endorsement Policies (“Tail”) (11/7/2019)
- Notice of Cancellation to Policyholders – MPM-PPIA Extended Reporting Endorsement Policies (“Tail”) (11/19/2019)
- Brief in Support of Petition for Final Order and Judgment of Liquidation of Physicians Standard Ins Co (11/25/2019)
- Final Order and Judgment of Liquidation (11/26/2019)
- Notice of Liquidation to Policyholders (12/3/2019)
- Proof of Claims
- Open Letter to Claimants – Proof of Claim Status (9/26/2022)
- Order on Liquidator’s Motion for Approval of Fees and to Discontinue Providing Loss Runs, Claims History Reports and Credentials (4/6/2021)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Liquidator’s Eighth Status Report (12/1/2023)
Service of Process
The Commissioner of Insurance is appointed as the agent to receive service on behalf of all licensed domestic and foreign insurance companies admitted in Kansas for any action filed in any Kansas court. The Kansas Insurance Commissioner will forward to admitted companies Summons and Petitions, Orders of Garnishment, Subpoenas, and Complaints pursuant to K.S.A. 40-218.
Papers may also be served on listed Excess & Surplus Lines companies or unauthorized insurers if the addresses are provided and the service is specifically requested pursuant to K.S.A. 40-2002, et seq., with the request prominently displayed on the Summons. You may search for companies admitted and listed by going to the Kansas Insurance Department Company Search page.
For further information, see the Service of Process Frequently Asked Questions.
Service of process requests may be sent to:
Commissioner of Insurance
Attn: Legal Division
Kansas Insurance Department
1300 SW Arrowhead
Topeka, KS 66604
The fee is $25 per set of papers/defendant served. Make check payable to Kansas Insurance Department.
Service of process may be rejected if:
- 40 days are not provided for service on the Summons (except Federal)
- the $25 service fee is not included with the papers
- the name of the defendant insurance company is not properly named on the Summons (i.e. State Farm, Allstate, Farmers, etc., are not full proper names of insurance companies); to determine the proper name of an insurance company, go to the Kansas Insurance Department Company Search page
- the defendant insurance company named on the Summons is not licensed in Kansas
Find statutes by number or keyword on the Kansas Office of Revisor of Statutes page.
Orders issued by the Insurance Commissioner linked here.
Bulletins issued by the Insurance Commissioner linked here.
Kansas Register Notices
February 17, 2022 – Exempt Commercial Purchaser Thresholds