Licenses Requiring an Examination
- Life 1
- Accident and Health or Sickness 1
- Property and Allied Lines 1
- Casualty and Allied Lines 1
- Personal Lines 2
- Crop Only 3
- Title Only
- Public Adjuster 4
- Pre-Need Only 5
- Bail Bond Only 6
- 1 May be taken as individual examinations or in combined examinations of Life, Accident and Health, or Property, Casualty and Allied Lines.
- 2 May take the Personal Lines examination if you do not want a Property and Casualty line of authority.
- 3 May take the Crop examination if you do not want a Property and Casualty line of authority.
- 4 Public Adjusters must pass the Kansas Public Adjuster Examination which focuses on the Laws & Regulations, and Commercial sections of the Property/Casualty study material.
- 5 Pre-Need agents must take the Life examination.
- 6 Bail bond agents are required to pass the Kansas Laws and Regulations examination only.
- Candidate Handbook – The Candidate Handbook is available online from the Pearson Vue website.
- Content Outline – The examination content outlines are available online from the Pearson Vue website.
- Exam Fees – Major line combination exams cost $64 and Limited Line/Single exams cost $57.
- Exam Registration and Scheduling – To register or schedule an examination, candidates should:
- Online Exam Registrations – access the Pearson Vue website 24 hours a day
- Contact Pearson Vue staff – 888-204-6255
- Exam Administration – Examinations are given at many locations in Kansas. However, applicants are not required to take Kansas licensing exams at a testing center located in Kansas. Additional locations in neighboring states and throughout the country are also available. Select the “Find a Test Center” link on the Pearson Vue Website to find a convenient testing location.
- Online Proctored Exams are also available. For more information about OnVUE, visit pearsonvue.com. Normal Pearson Vue policies and procedures including exam cancellation and rescheduling timelines apply to online testing. Please consult the Pearson Vue website for the official Candidate Handbook and the most up-to-date information about this program implementation.
- Review All Insurance Regulations and Kansas Statutes on our Legal Issues
- Public adjusters should specifically review K.S.A. 40-5501, et. Seq., which governs the activities of public adjusters
Examination Study Materials
Kansas does not have a pre-licensing education requirement. This means that you can take the licensing examination without purchasing exam preparation study materials or participating in an in-person or online exam study course.
For applicants who are interested in purchasing Insurance examination preparation study materials and/or enrolling in in-person or online courses, organizations that offer examination prep courses may be found online. Neither the Kansas Insurance Department nor Pearson Vue specifically endorses any particular study material or school.